Saturday 5 June 2010

My calender

With the worlds in Hayling and sail for gold in weymouth looming in August I thought I could offer up some of my thoughts on how I approach these kind of regattas. Sail for gold is up first, a top level grade 1 event on the world tour. I plan to use this as a major training regatta for the worlds which is always the hardest regatta (reputedly of any class) in the year. Tiny mistakes are punished instantly and harshly at these regattas so a good deal of planning is required.

In my opinion you can peak your physical performance 2-3 times a year. I started the year by blitzing 2 months of training both on and off the water in time for the qualifiers and I reaped the rewards. Having backed off a fair bit since then, I'm now starting to wind it up again through June and July so I arrive in August in the best possible shape. After the worlds, Southampton boat show will give me a short break before I need to perform at the Autumn qualifiers. This plan has been loosely in place since the Laser nationals last year (which was the last time I trained hard for a result at a regatta). Its now time to firm up the plans... More to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment