Saturday 5 June 2010

Sunday funday

Ok, so I've been a quiet over the last few days. Unfortunately the breeze just didn't materialise in the bay on Thursday and the 6 of us who made the effort to get out were left to float about for a bit. Ah well. The forecast for this sunday looks remarkably similar to last sunday so I think we can expect similar conditions. Some fairly wild shifts.

Looking back at Dad's comments from last week, I'll now be looking to see if we do have any sea breeze influence on the westerly. It seems like quite a reasonable hypothesis. It also makes due to the influence getting stronger through the morning. i.e. the biggest left shift at around half past 12. This week it looks like there will be a fiar bit of low and medium cloud cover in the morning so it'll be interesting to sea how much sea breeze influence there is, especially as the breeze is due to freshen from mid day onwards.

I'm likely to stick to my reduced leverage plan so as not to sail myself out of contention on the first leg. After that, I'm just looking to start another run of results. Getting another chance in the conditions which saw me undone is a good place to start. However, I'll certainly be more wary of complacency.

No comments:

Post a Comment